Okay so I know that I did the review for Fangirl a while ago, but I realised that I didn't include any of my favourite quotes in there.
So... I thought I'd just write them in here. There were so many gems that I realised that I probably wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't document them somewhere and what better place than on my book review blog???
Okay, so without further ado, here they are.
Favourite quotes from Fangirl:
1. "To take the anxiety she felt like black static behind her eyes and an extra heart in her throat, and shove it all back down to her stomach where it belonged - where she could at least tie it into a nice know and work around it."
- Narrator, pg 5.
2. "In new situations, all the trickiest rules are the ones nobody bothers to explain to you."
- Narrator, pg 15.
3. "You don't do magic, you are magic"
- Penelope Bunce (ch 8, Simon Snow and the Mage's Heir), pg 25.
4. "I'm not interested in lips out of context"
- Cath, pg 88.
5. "They iron out all the wrinkles... Maybe all the bad stuff happens in the wrinkles, but all the good stuff does too"
- Art, pg 237.
Talking about his pills.
6. Cath liked to worry. It made her feel proactive, even when she was totally helpless.
- Narrator, pg 279.
Quotes 1, 2, 5 and 6 I love.
It all goes back to how well I believe that the author and this book depicts mental illness, truthfully, raw and the point that it always keeps going back to, that people with mental illness or problems are just regular people.
This is a cause and point very close to my heart and I believe that these quotes just depicted this beautifully.
Quote 4 is another example of how independent Cath is as a strong female character throughout this book. She doesn't care about kissing boys, she cares about the intent and the feelings behind it. Something that she could never do with Nick, only with Levi, which again emphasises how strong and trusting Levi and Cath's relationship is.
Quote 3 I loved mainly just because not only is it a beautiful thought, but that as a teenage girl growing up obsessed with Harry Potter, I liked it because it made me feel that even as a muggle, I still can be magical! (That's just a total personal one of mine).
Thanks for reading everyone
Read fast, die young